The work continues...
What is Heroes & Other Worlds?
Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
Sunday, August 5, 2018
This issue is clocking in around 80+ pages including: Naval rules, an island sand box, sample of character backgrounds, Arms of the Ancients, additional alchemy and I was given a range of new optional rules, skills and equipment by someone who wanted to submit as "anonymous".
So this should be a chunky concoction!
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
It will be well worth your money to get this as a boxed set that Steve originally envisioned way back about 1980!
As to my own efforts--despite the gaps in communication-- they do continue! Life continues to throw curve balls, but I continue to foul them off looking for a fastball to hit.
Quick update--still plan to get a new issue of Cauldron out and the Blades core book out as well. The Black Magic (spells) book will be separate as I continue to write up spells.
Blades will have the core rules, equipment, standard beasts/foes, a few adventure ideas and a few quick region synopsis.
Black Magic will contain the spells and magic rules, supernatural creatures and magic items/ treasures.
Much like with Far Trek-- I will make a unique cover that will be a one time offer printing at launch. A standard cover will always be available for order/purchase but for those who like unique bits, this will be an opportunity as a launch special.
Thanks for hanging in there, I can assure you the work continues!
Saturday, February 24, 2018
|by Euphoria of Ape|
More tinkering and testing to do
Saturday, February 10, 2018
Generally characters would have 2 to 3 actions, but master a skill (or high attributes) would add additional actions above the average...which kind of fits with the idea of the super agile, quick witted or highly skilled/ trained character/ opponent being more deadly/ creative/ hard to kill in combat.
The work continues...
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
|Conan from the Incomparable Cary Nord|
As the Conan comic license is heading back over to Marvel, do yourself a favor and pick up the Dark Horse run now being released in Omnibus form. The series starts with "Kid Conan" and follows his growth into the barbarian all this kids go crazy for. It really is fantastic background and character depth never done before. Combine great writing from Kurt Busiek with some of the best art ever in a Conan comic series and its winner winner Cimmerian dinner!
Sunday, January 28, 2018
Anyway, the work on BLADES continues. I have expanded armor and weapon lists, added flail as and am looking at adding a tinker or jerry-rig skill.
I am not adding a charisma stat, feeling that skills cover that sort of interaction need. Game will stay written for d6, but an appendix will be included should someone want to use d20 to resolve tests.
Sunday, January 21, 2018
1) Adding a Charisma Attribute-There are skills and situations where using IQ is "okay" but a Charisma attribute might be better for character interaction/reaction tests and for some skills.
2) Brace yourself as this one is much more "heretical" --using d20's to resolve tests. As the Blades and Black Magic uses a 3 tiered skill system (Inexperienced/Trained/ Expert) it works well with the bell curve d6 system as written--but could also work with d20 as follows:
- Inexeprienced, roll 2d20, use the highest die roll
- Trained-roll 1d20
- Expert Roll 2d20, use lowest die roll
Yup I understand and do love the d6 bell curve, and have it as the core mechanic currently but its interesting to see what might be possible using the d20 mechanic.
I would not say this is a Richard Dreyfus "this means something" moment, but I think it is important to look at different possibilities.
As always, appreciate your thoughts
Saturday, January 6, 2018
|image by: lingy-0|
- The priest wants help to save the townspeople from darkness and purge the village of evil.
- The Warband wants help to oust the mayor so their leader Sven can take over.
- The husband claims his wife is innocent, he wants help to free his wife so they can escape.
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
1) The rules are done including character creation, skills, combat, adventuring and equipment.
2) Need to add basic combat scenarios--or would an adventure be better to include?
3) Need to add common creature/ animal foe list.
4) Need to do art layout
Decision is made that setting specific, more detailed character creation (background, starting kit by homeland) will be reserved for the Zemya setting book.
After Blades comes out (End of January seems likely) then Cauldron 2 would be the next release followed by the Black Magic book and then the Zemya setting book. It is an ambitious plan to get all 4 out this year--but I have it on good authority a man's reach should exceed his grasp.