What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Saturday, June 7, 2014

What if...and then it happend

Mr. Bill Watterson returned to illustrating a comic strip for a brief 3 days this week.  In the ultimate "What if?", we see what happens when for a few brief panels the genius returns. 

I cannot begin to describe the love I have for Calvin and Hobbes nor the respect I have for Mr. Watterson's commitment to integrity in managing his creations and doing it his way.

The (potential) dollars did not matter when it came to offers of animating, licensing, and basically exploiting his creations. How many people could (would?) say no? Yet he did and that has made all the difference.  So enjoy this all to brief "sighting" and wherever you are Mr. Watterson, thank you for sharing Calvin and Hobbes with us. 

Keep on exploring!

1 comment:

  1. Far and away my favorite comic strip ever, and I include Peanuts and Bloom County among the ones I rate it against. Bill Watterson, I miss your work!

    ReplyDelete