What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Enchanted

First, thanks for following on after the change over.  I have an idea for what to do next for Heroes & Other Worlds and I'd like to get your opinion.  I am thinking about coming up with a series of Pocket Mod books where I convert Open Gaming Content spells into Heroes & Other Worlds game format.  But each spell book would be focused on a specific kind of Wizard "subclass."  For example a  witch "specialty wizard" book.

Interested?

7 comments:

  1. Very interested in this, a great approach to distinguish the choice of a magic user

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RSJ! I think pocket mods are how I want to approach "complicating" or specializing. Maybe if I make enough of them I can make a little Options book eventually...but first things first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I like the thought that the MU would focus on the type of magic taught to him/her by the person's mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all I am glad to see I am not too far off the mark here. Note this also means at some point I may convert some OGL monsters over as well into a Fiends & Foes codex. And then there is the referee's assistant book too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I'm more interested in the referee's assistant book, the books on MUs seems like a slightly different take on Cults.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @AK it is still in the works, no fear there, just takes longer to complete that work!

    ReplyDelete