What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Polling the depths

Okay in the past few weeks I created a mountain of new stuff for you:

1. A Melee/ Wizard/TFT inspired Basic RPG manual
2. Sample adventure
3. Add-on Cults book with spells and adventure
4.  A fiends & foes monster book
5. and a skirmish fantasy minis game!

All this for the incredibly low price of FREE! (just click the logo to your right to download this great stuff!)

So I have three ideas for what to do next.

1. A referee/ adventure guide for the RPG
2. A skirmish scenario book or mini campaign 
3. Nothing, just move on

Let me know if you have a preference for one of the above, or a mystery 4th option you think of!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Fenway!

    Thank again for all the stuff you've given us!

    I'd really like to see a skirmish scenario book or mini campaign.

    But on the other hand, I'd also like to see an adventure guide and your own take on a monster manual for your RPG.

    On another subject, I'd like to make a suggestion for the 'shooting into melee' rules for the skirmish game. If all three dice miss, I think someone other than the target should be hit... critical miss and all that :)

    Keep the awesome stuff coming, and again, if you need any help, let me know what I can do!

    Beau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and while I;m thinking about it, I'd love to see a full size version of the Skirmish rules... as much as I love the Pocket Mod, I'd like a full size version too.

    Maybe even a cool retro half-page size booklet set of the RPG and skirmish rules, and any other sweetness you send our way :) Might be cool.

    Also, I think you should set up a donation link, as I would like to donate some money toward your efforts (as i'm sure some others would as well :)

    Beau

    ReplyDelete
  3. My preference would be the referee/adventure guide. And adventures.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PB-Shooting into melee. To my mind there were 3 options, don't allow it, allow it but only hit the target, or allow it and if you miss you might hit your own guy. Not allowing it seemed wrong, but I did not want to get too detailed in trying to sort out who got hit-target or friend. I stayed simple and just made it difficult. More cinematic than realistic. As to a digest sized rules book? That will come down the pipe at some point.

    As to funds, first I very much appreciate your offer. Let's say I am building up my good will now so if at some point I charge for somethings a person will feel they had very good value already, they know what to expect, and a purchase will feel like a good thing in terms of supporting my efforts and in game play value.

    @Narmer-thanks for all of the support, and the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Referee/Adventure Guide. Your version of In the Labyrinth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for 1: referee/adventure guide

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys for voting. Note an adventure guide for HOW will not be a new ITL. Instead it will be a simple how to idea for adventures, more magic, and I will remove monsters from the current book and put them all in the referee book. I don't want to mislead anyone!

    ReplyDelete