What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The beacon is lit!

 ...The Beacon at Enon Tor that is...

I got frustrated with my progress in Savage Sword #1 today. I need to re-focus as I was stuck, so I stepped away from it to clear my head--but still having the house to myself for the weekend, I needed to produce something!

There in half finished status was The Beacon at Enon Tor! So I re-focused and finished its conversion to HOW as an introductory adventure! I also created a simple battle board and counters that can be used if you like. They are not going to wow anyone, but hey ITS FREE!

So click on the HOW downloads to the right and you can download Enon Tor and the Battleboard for free! Its a perfect starter adventure and can be played in an evening!

4 comments:

  1. Downloaded! Thanks for the Freebie! Feel free to step away if you're this productive clearing your head....

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan, it was a great adventure back in the day and makes a perfect intro to RPG gaming in general. Hope you dig it!

      Delete
  2. great stuff, and one of my favourite short adventures. Just one point - it was not published in White Dwarf, but in TSR's Imagine magazine. Issue 1 I think. Great work though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick for the correction sorry for the error! :(

      Delete