What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Magi Carta COMPLETE

image source
You have to know something about the dreary and slate grey Pacific Northwest weather to appreciate this weekend.  It is sunny and warm (for us) over 70 degrees...IN MAY! A school up here even gave its students a "Sun Day" off on Friday to enjoy it because they had unused snow days to burn! Yes that is how much we appreciate a bit sun and warmth in the Mosslands.

Because we may not see this weather again until Mid-July, you have to be a vampire or a game designer to be stuck indoors on days like this!  So after traveling all week on business and a lot of long days on the road, I pushed hard yesterday and completed the Magic Carta art version. Yup it is DONE!

Now a print test is on order, and with expedited shipping I am hopeful to see it here by next weekend...which would mean it very well could go up for sale next weekend!

So after months of work, what's in the Magi Carta? I am glad you asked! Below is the table of contents:


MAGI CARTA
  • Learning Spells p7
  • Cartomancy p8
  • Dermal Magic p9
  • Spell Gems p10
  • Wizard Staff p11
  • Spell Books p12
  • Book Worms p13
  • Familiars p14
Spell Lists
  • IQ8 Spells p18
  • IQ9 Spells p23
  • IQ10 Spells p38
  • IQ11 Spells p57
  • IQ12 Spells p78
  • IQ13 Spells p95
  • IQ14 Spells p117
  • IQ15 Spells p138
  • IQ16 Spells p150
  • IQ17 Spells p163
  • IQ18 Spells p175
  • Alphabetical Spell Index p183
 Total book page count p192

It is nearly 600 spells! Best of all? KICKSTARTER FREE!  Once again, I am not taking a dime of your hard earned ducats until I have something to give you back.  You may have to wait for me to get each book done, but you keep your cash until its ready!  I am hopeful you will find each book worth the wait and your investment!

Damn, I can't believe after months of work it is finally done!  Now sunshine, beer, bocce, and barbeque are on the "to do" list today!   Cauldron #1 is the next project and look for that to be out in June!

6 comments:

  1. Will definitely hand over some ducats for this! Great work!

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan, I appreciate the support and hope you enjoy it once it is available.

      Delete
  2. The weather. No kidding man! This is something. In my job I happen to meet a lot of people new to the Western Washington. I always tell them to not miss the Summer here. Those three days in July are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to it.
    Now I need a real person to play it wth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you TZ! Writing is taking away from my play time except when I have to test out the stuff. Feels like an Adventure Lab time more than actually adventuring currently.

      Delete