What is Heroes & Other Worlds?

Heroes & Other Worlds is a game of adventure inspired by Metagaming's classic Melee/Wizard/TFT system combined with inspiration from the Moldvay edited basic game. The rules are easy to learn and use standard six sided dice. The system is simple, sensible and flexible in the spirit of classic role playing games from the early 80's. Become a Hero, Other Worlds await!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cauldron #2: The Theme

Image Source
Now I am cold but a ghost lives in my veins,
Silent the terror that reigned -
Marbled in stone
A Shell of a man-god preserved -
For thousand ages,
But open the gates of my hell-
I'll strike from the grave!
--Iron Maiden, Powerslave 

For the past two years I tired to put together a 31 days of Halloween 1 page adventure compilation for October. It never worked out and after two strikes at the plate, I am not going to get rung up swinging for the fences with a third try.  

Even so I think Halloween  is the freaking PERFECT theme for  Cauldron #2. Why not have specialty Wizards like the Necromancer or Witch? A Specialty Adventurers like the Witch Hunter? How about creatures like the Vampire or Werewolf? I left lots of thing out of the HOW basic rules on purpose so they could be explored in depth in articles for the Cauldron.

With the theme set, IF there is something YOU would like to develop for Cauldron #2 like a creature, spooky adventure, or specialty variant class for HOW...here is your chance!  Deadline to submit would be Mid-September.


No comments:

Post a Comment